It’s the most wonderful time of the year! Whether you’re the host/hostess with the most/mostess, avid game-day fan, or just want to unplug and enjoy your family and friends, we have you covered this holiday season. We talked to folks here at the office about what they’re looking forward to and worried about for the upcoming holiday. From their responses, we’ve compiled the following videos to help you win the holidays this year.
1. Traveling for the day? Your turn by turn directions, local interest points and maps are accessible offline on Android, this includes roaming areas. Downloading your route early from Google maps can save time and use less cell data as you venture off to see your loved ones.
2. If you ever host a holiday dinner, the pressure is on. People are looking for you to serve a delicious meal. Here we share how to use the allrecipes app to find the perfect dish.
3. Hey sports fanatics, stuck at the adult table next to your in-laws during the game? No worries. We’ll show you how to turn off those game spoilers using your Google Now app, until you can excuse yourself to football nirvana.
4. The best part of having the day off isn’t comatizing yourself with delectable food, it’s spending more time with the people who mean the most to you. Be present in these moments, they are precious. Here’s how to unplug from the digital world, mute those tempting android notifications, and join in family activities.
5. Mother hens wanting more time spent with children, don’t fret. With group messaging, you’ll be able to stay updated on the arrival of your kids coming home to nest for the holiday.
Or you can just power down your phone, and enjoy some distraction free time with your loved ones.
Now that you’re all geared up to win this holiday, Happy holidays from all of us here at Republic. We’re certainly thankful for you!
*We feel like spreading the love, iPhone users can find these apps as well.