We’re pumped to bring you the latest service we’ve been testing with our members. Starting today, Republic Anywhere, our new product that allows you to send messages from any device* is available for all Republic members…for free! You read that right, Anywhere is absolutely FREE if you have a phone number with Republic. We’re sticking to our commitment to provide remarkably simple ways to keep in touch with the people who matter most to you without breaking the bank. Get started with Anywhere by downloading the app below, or read on to find out more about this awesome new service.
Here’s how it works
With Anywhere installed, you can:
- Send and receive text messages from your computer, using your phone number, just like you do on your phone.
- Sync all your messages & contacts across devices, so all your messages are with you…no matter what device you are using.
- De-stress those moments when you don’t have your phone. Since Anywhere works like another phone, you can stay in touch when your actual phone is lost (out of battery, or flew off the roof of your car…which has happened 🙂 )
View a walkthrough of the app:
Why we built Anywhere
We built Anywhere because it solves a common problem, one that most of us don’t think about. When you use Gmail, Facebook, and Netflix, you expect it to be the same on every device, but there isn’t a good way get your calls and messages on any device. For something as important as your calls and messages, we thought there should be a solution. We tried some of the apps on the market, and most were unreliable, complex, or served up ads. That’s why we built Anywhere, to solve this problem.
During the BETA, we found even more reasons people love this idea:
|“Being able to communicate through desktop using my phone contacts lets me stay in better contact with people than I’d imagined.” – Mike|
|“I’m able to respond to texts more quickly—I don’t have to worry about having my phone on me all the time.” – Aaron|
|“The Anywhere app has been much more responsive because it’s not going through the additional layer of an outside application.” – Daryl|
|“Sometimes when I’m working I’m not able to have my cell phone with me. Being able to have it on the computer, and being able to identify when someone sends me a text has been an awesome benefit.” – John|
|“Sometimes I find that, even if I’m originally on my phone, I’ll intentionally switch to my computer so I can type out longer messages.” – Javier|
|“It’s very intuitive and offers everything you can do on a phone, with a little more freedom—plus access to a keyboard and all the files on your computer.” – Mike|
|“My phone went amphibious a few days ago. Republic Anywhere app has been a lifesaver allowing me to keep up with various text threads as well as giving me access to thread histories.” – Chris|
What’s coming up next
- Support for Android Tablets, iPads & iPhone, so you can install Anywhere on more of your devices
- Calling and voicemail within Anywhere, so you can make/take calls on all your devices, just like you do with your smartphone.
- More feedback, so we need your input to help drive upcoming releases of anywhere.
Lastly, I want to give credit where credit’s due – to the over 1,000 Republic members who have helped us make Anywhere better during our BETA. We couldn’t have done it without you! We took your feedback to our (awesome) Republic Engineering team, who turned the ideas into reality. We’ve already begun making Anywhere better in future releases. Questions? Visit our Community or comment below.