Alerts and notifications are always flooding our phones. It’s nice to have the option to customize your alerts to sounds you enjoy. I’ll share different ways to receive alerts to your phone and make them your own.
Setting your ringtones
Setting customized ringtones for your contacts is super convenient as it allows you to know who is calling even before you look at your screen! This can be very helpful for a busy lifestyle because it will save you time from rushing back to your phone every time it rings just to check who it is. With customized ringtones for your contacts, you can easily decide which calls you’d like to take and which can wait until later.
Most phones come with built-in ringtones that can be assigned to different numbers. If you’re looking for more variety, here are some great apps to help you create and download awesome ringtones.
- Creates ringtones, alarms, and notifications
- Allows you to copy, cut, paste, fade in/out, adjust volume, etc.
- Record a new audio clip to edit
- Assign a ringtone directly to a contact (also able to re-assign and delete easily from contact)
- Sort by tracks, albums, artists
- Create ringtones from your existing music and assign them to your contacts
- Create custom alarms, music, notifications, and ringtones
- Record new sound
- All ringtones compiled in an organized list
Customizing notification alerts
With the ability to customize your notifications you can choose when you want to be notified by flash alerts, popup alerts, sound alerts, vibrate alerts…pretty much however you want. Here are some apps that let you control how and when you get notified.
Visual LED Flash Alerts
- Displays custom notification icons/dots on your screen
- Works well for phones that lack a physical LED
- Also allows you to choose audio and vibration reminders
- Supports notifications including text and voice messages, missed calls, calendar events, a charging indicator, emails, and more
- Eliminates notification sound alerts when you are using your phone
- Ability to control vibrations and sound notifications
- Pre-set time lapses between notification sounds while away from your phone
- Music mode that disables sound notifications while you’re listening to music
Also try: ViBe
- Easily swipe through your notifications
- Custom settings for each app (including sound and/or vibration)
- Icon Pack support
- Repeat notifications until read
- Numerous themes
Have you tried any of the apps above? What are your favorite customization apps?