How much data does a lady need in a day? About 180 Megabytes, it turns out!
In this feature, we take you through a “Day in the (Data) Life” of Republic team members and customers to help you better understand how much data daily activities actually consume. Follow along below and check the chart at the end to see how I stacked up. These are the actual events of my Thursday as they played out!
- 6:45 AM: I wake up at my place in downtown Durham, NC and check email and Facebook in bed until I’m thoroughly convinced the coffee I programmed the night before has brewed. (Hint: Wait for the smell.)
- 7:30 AM: Shower, hotroll my hair (you can take the girl out of Georgia…), dress for the day.
- 8:00 AM: Make breakfast, take a picture of it and send to my sister on Instagram for no good reason. Track calories via MyFitnessPal (gotta keep up with that New Year’s resolution!).
- 9:00 AM: Arrive at work, and like every day, my phone “automagically” signs in to Bandwidth’s Secure WiFi connection.
- 11:00 AM: Snack time! Adults can still call it that, right? Track calories on MyFitnessPal.
- 12:00 PM: I’m training for my first-ever half marathon (!) and hit the trail around this time with my Drill Sergeant, I mean colleague, Katelyn. We use RunKeeper to track our runs – awesome way to track your pace and share your progress on social, if you run faster than me…
- 3:00 PM: Field a few phone calls, check email on my phone in between meetings.
- 5:00 PM: Head out of work, likely hit an accident somewhere on my 40 minute commute. Google Now directs me to an alternate route and saves me 10 minutes of time and sanity.
- 6:00 PM: Meet a girlfriend for drinks at a new bar in Durham, check email and Facebook on cell for 15 minutes until I realize the bar has open WiFi. Score!
- 7:00 PM: Head home to make dinner. Grilled chicken and sauteed spinach tonight. Browse recipes on my phone until I find one that sounds Amelia Bedelia-proof.
- 10:00 PM: Bedtime = Watch “When Harry Met Sally” for the 999th time, shop on Amazon from my phone until I start dozing.
Now, peep my graph! If my usage looked like this every day, I’d use 5,094 Megabytes of WiFi data per month and only 339 Megabytes of Cell.
Tune in next time when we might feature one of you! If you’re interested in sharing, let us know in the comments below.