Happy New Year everyone! This month we’ll focus primarily on our effort to deliver Lollipop to all capable devices. Our team is working hard and this remains our top priority. We’ve been providing timely updates here so check back often, but here’s how things stand as of this writing:
- Moto G (1st Gen.): Lollipop is available! The majority of these device owners have already updated, but if you haven’t you can find instructions here.
- Moto X (1st Gen.): We are moving along, but need some of our members on the Moto X (1st Gen.) to complete a couple maintenance items before we can begin a soak test. Check out the latest info here.
- Moto E (1st Gen.): We’re working with our partner on the Lollipop software and will be updating and communicating a schedule soon. Thanks for your continued patience.
- Moto E (2nd Gen.): Lollipop is already on these devices but we’re working on an update to improve audio call quality. We’ll communicate updates to this schedule as we understand them.
As we look forward, we’re particularly excited about moving closer to launching items we’ve been detailing here in our product update blog. Even the folks over at Fierce Wireless are fired up in their article published today. Namely – the launch of a new GSM carrier, the launch of a new high-end device, an updated version of our WiFi Calling Experience, and launching device financing for our customers. Many of these will be shaped and tested by you all as part of our Republic Labs Projects so raise your hand here if you wanna help, or keep it raised if you’ve already signed up. This is just a sneak preview teaser of some of the things to come this year. 2016 is gonna be HUGE. Time to get excited!
NEW IN DECEMBER:
Phone and Service Related:
- Moto G (1st Gen.) update for Lollipop (see above)
IN-PROGRESS ITEMS TO IMPROVE YOUR EXPERIENCE:
(due to the more complex nature of these items, no official timing is set nor is delivery guaranteed, but they are being worked on regularly):
Smaller Scope Items:
- Gifting/Purchase without Plan Selection in our RW Store
- MMS Interoperability with Cricket
- My Account Portal Redesign
- WiFi Manager Improvements
Larger Scope Items:
- Next Generation Data Saver Mode (previously named Background Data Suppression Tool)
- Next Generation WiFi Calling
- Android Lollipop 5.1 Update (Moto G (1st Gen.), Moto X (1st Gen.) and Moto E (1st Gen.))
P.S. The Think Tank is a great spot to participate and get product related updates! Come visit us!