Pairing WiFi + Cell for more coverage, in more places, was just the beginning. For a few weeks now, nearly 2,000 members have volunteered to help us test radical new ideas that may very well change the entire mobile industry all over again in Republic Labs. This is collaboration with our members cranked up to 11. It’s coming along nicely too – getting refined every step of the way.
Highlights so far:
- We’ve collected 7,000 survey results (thank you for taking the time to give us your incredibly valuable feedback testers)!
- Folks previously on a $25/month plan are saving an extra $9 on avg. per month.
- Folks previously on a $40/month data plan are saving $19 dollars on avg. per month.
- Former $10 plan members are using about $2 worth of cellular data.
- And, we’ve received thousands upon thousands of comments in our Community and on social like:
“…meets my needs perfectly. Now I’m paying less than ever. If I need more [cell data], it’s very easy to buy in small increments. Republic wireless with the new Maestro plans is hands-down the most consumer-friendly wireless alternative I’ve seen.” – member Ryan K.
With our member testers’ help in this Lab, we’ve been able to implement new offerings such as:
- A whole new cell data pricing option of 0.5GB for $7.50 per month based solely on our testers’ input. Amazingly, as soon as we introduced it, a whopping 85% of data purchases and plan changes were for this new option.
- Tethering – with cell data on demand in project Maestro, you told us it made sense to be able to use your phone to connect your other devices like your laptop to the Internet. We couldn’t agree more and it is coming! We are testing this internally and planning to release it on devices with Lollipop & Maestro plans in the near future.
- To make tethering work – we need Android Lollipop 5.1. That’s right – we’re skipping right over 5.0 and are actively testing 5.1 as you read this post.
- Exciting new app controls and notifications. With your input, we’ve figured out how to make our app as simple to use as possible, so you can use your phone exactly how you need.
So! When will the final results of project Maestro be unveiled?
We are edging closer and closer. It’s really really neat to be able to implement new features and functionality and have immediate feedback to make our service as awesome as it possibly can be along with our members.
Hear more on our Lab results so far from our Product experts, Tim and Ibraheem:
Keep watching for more exciting developments from us and our member testers in Republic Labs.