Here we are with another “Same 10 Questions We Always Ask” featuring member Brian Bowman, a rock star Dad from what we can tell and a North Carolinian! Brian tells us about his awesome family, and the many ways they have greatly benefited from their Republic Wireless service. Also, his answer to #9 is just the best. What a guy! Check out all of his answers below.
Name: Brian B.
City, State: Wake Forest, NC
1. How did you hear about Republic before becoming a member?
I learned about Republic Wireless at the Internet Summit several years ago. If I’m not mistaken, it was Republic Wireless’ launch. Someone I met there mentioned the local connection to Raleigh, so I checked them out. A few weeks later, we signed up for our first phone. Today, we have three. WiFi phone calls seemed like such an exotic idea then, but it’s such a simple idea.
2. What was your WiFi vs. cellular data usage last month? How do you stack up?
My daughter (preteen) and I are all WiFi, but our teenage son squeezes every drop out of one gig of data each month. He streams a lot of music, so WiFi is essential.
3. What have you done with your Republic savings?
Please see the previous reference to children.
4. What’s the coolest/best spot where you’ve connected to WiFi (i.e. the top of Mt. Kilimanjaro – it happened!)
Walt Disney World. Thanks to WiFi and cloud photo storage, I was able to upload lots of images each night with no worries about data.
5. What’s your favorite app on your Republic phone?
Strava – It’s a social media and fitness tracking app that shows maps, images, and even paces for my running friends. It’s a fun way to stay accountable.
6. Who do you stay connected with the most?
My wife, Diana.
7. Where’s your happy place?
Watching fireworks from Main Street, USA.
8. What’s your spirit animal? Why?
Apparently, I’m a lion. Maybe it’s a Dad thing!
9. What gets you out of bed in the morning?
Encouraging people and providing for our family. If I can do either or both each day, I’m good. A lot of people have helped us along the way.
10. What’s the next item on your bucket list?
Seeing our kids graduate from college. Two of the three are in school now (Go Camels! Go Wolfpack!), but if life teaches us anything, it’s that time moves fast.