We’re back with another “Same 10 Questions We Always Ask” featuring member Stan P. Stan tells us about his impressive WiFi data offload (22GB!) and why a sheepdog is his spirit animal. Oh, and he has super adorable kids! Check out his full answers below.
Name: Stan P.
City, State: Claremore, OK
1. How did you hear about Republic before becoming a member?
My favorite podcast, Clark Howard of course!
2. What was your WiFi vs. cellular data usage last month? How do you stack up?
22.84 GB WiFi data vs. 473 MB cell data – which is actually really high for me (I finished a few books at work and just couldn’t help but download the next in the series!). My normal cell usage is around 200 MB, if that.
3. What have you done with your Republic savings?
Oh my, that’s a loaded question! I am a compulsive saver, so I can’t say I’ve really “done” much with it, but it certainly has helped my wife and kiddos build our dream house and buy a nice bit of land!
One thing I do want to say is we save a TON of cash every year… almost $90/month over what we had with AT&T before making the switch four years ago!
4. What’s the coolest/best spot where you’ve connected to WiFi (i.e. the top of Mt. Kilimanjaro – it happened!)
I don’t live a very adventurous life, so unfortunately, I would have to say Navarre Beach in Florida.
5. What’s your favorite app on your Republic phone?
I’d have to say… Audible I suppose. I’ve got to have my Mitch Rapp and David Baldacci fix every day!
6. Who do you stay connected with the most?
Wifey and kiddos of course! Unfortunately, I work evenings, so thanks to video messaging, I am able to give virtual kisses and “loves” to my awesome 3-year-old boy and sweet 1-year-old princess!
7. Where’s your happy place?
At home with my wife and kids, watching Top Gear. 😀
8. What’s your spirit animal? Why?
A sheepdog, of course, it comes with the occupation! I am the protector and defender of good… some say, I even wear a cape now and then. 😀
9. What gets you out of bed in the morning?
Since I became a father, it has always been one of my two kiddos. I long for the day that an alarm clock wakes me up instead of a stinky and wet child!
10. What’s the next item on your bucket list?
I’ve always wanted to take my wife on a cruise and being that it is our 10 year anniversary next month, maybe we’ll do just that. If we do, you can bet that my most interesting place to connect to WiFi is sure to change!